SELF STORAGE ANDS PACKING TIPS
Lock & Leave Storage carries the supplies you need for all your storage needs. We provide a full line of packaging and moving supplies at all of our facilities.
SELF STORAGE USER GUIDE
At Lock & Leave Storage, we are dedicated to providing you First Class Customer Service and Value unsurpassed by our competitors. Here are a few helpful tips for a stress-free storage move:
Selecting the Right Unit Size
Choosing the right size unit will ensure you only pay for the storage you need. Start by creating a list of the items that you are going to be storing with us, then go to our Unit Size Guide to help you determine which space meets your needs. As your storage needs change over time, we can always reevaluate your space requirements.
Lock & Leave Storage provides month-to-month leases to its customers, ensuring you the flexibility to modify your storage usage as your personal requirements change.
Securing Your Items
You provide the lock ensuring you and only you have access. Don’t have a lock? No problem, we offer a wide range of packing and moving supplies to make your move stress-free. Even better, all these great moving supplies can be found at affordable prices.
Moving Your Items Here
Our locations have wide drive aisles, allowing your rental truck or movers easy access to your unit. Hand carts and/or dollies are also available for use. We recommend contacting one of our knowledgeable managers to check truck and hand cart availability.
STORAGE AND PACKING TIPS
- Don’t forget to use valuable space inside drawers and larger appliances, such as stoves and refrigerators, to store small items: towels, linens, toys, etc.
- Break down large items such as bed frames, tables, and large furniture, and don’t forget to keep all parts (screws and smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
- Wrap furniture legs with protective bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching.
- Label boxes on all sides for easy identification.
- Make sure fragile boxes are placed on top of heavier, less delicate boxes. Be sure not to over pack boxes as they can get heavy and dangerous.
- Place frequently accessed items towards the front of your unit. Less frequently needed items should be placed toward the rear of your unit.
- Boxes that are tightly sealed with packing tape will prevent dust from entering.
- Use furniture covers or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit.
- When storing business files, leave a walkway down the center of your unit to make accessing items easier.
- Avoid storing anything flammable (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable.
- Drain any fluids prior to storing lawnmowers or any other motorized equipment; avoid storing hazardous or combustible materials.
- Ask Questions, our knowledgeable staff is available to you to help make your move easy.